Merrimack Valley Time Exchange
Class: 2014 Winter Accelerator
The Merrimack Valley Time Exchange (MVTE) is a new "time bank" program at the Coalition for a Better Acre." Community members can sign up to become members of the MVTE and after a reference check can choose to exchange services, skills and resources through the "time economy." Members set up profiles listing services they are offering and those they are requesting, they earn "time credits" for providing services to other members and can spend these credits to get services they need from any other member of the time exchange. One hour of service is always worth one unit of credit. As the program grows and new members join the services offered through the exchange become more and more diverse. For more information call Joy Mosenfelder at 978-452-7523 x 815 or email MerrimackValleyTimeExchange@cbacre.org
Halfway through the Sandbox Accelerator program and feeling like there is still so much more to do! Tonight our presentor is Barrie Atkin on the topic "Show Me the Money" however, before we begin David and Lianna are giving us more info about the the Upcoming pitches. Sounds like we will need a ten minute pitch and a one minute pitch, and we are being encouraged to build an ask into our one minute pitch. (A new experiment this year.) We will also have a three minute mid-pitch in January on the 28th. (Open to the public!) So much to do! I've pitched before, but I've learned so much since my last pitch. David wants us to remember that as Entreprenurs we are always presenting. This is a feeling I often have. For most of January, however, we will be focusing on the content of our business plans and working towards our goals.
My Goals for the Accelerator are:
Goal: Develop Financial and Business Model ·
- Answer the question "Who benefits from the exchange?"
- What are the major costs? What are the major benefits? Who is willing to pay and how much?
- Increase revenue vs. Decreasing cost by using the exchange's time currency and membership to meet it's own needs reduce costs
Goal: Develop Clear and Repeatable Processes for New Member Orientations and Member Communications and put together a plan to improve member engagement and member growth
- Processes must be user-friendly and focus on improving access for all members
- Need to work on defining what a successful process will look like. Targets for member log in frequency, exchanges per month, new members per month, etc...
- For non-computer literate members: Explore formalizing and evaluating the idea of E-Buddies
- Answer the questions "why aren't people who have signed up logging in and posting offers/requests?"
- Hosting events is a proven method for recruiting new members: what other methods might work? How can I make hosting events easier?
Goal: Identify key member leaders so as to Strengthen and Define Roles and Responsibilities of the MVTE member leadership team.
- Meet with self identified member leaders to solidify core group
- Identify and share clear leadership goals with group and ask them to take responsibility for developing a plan to meet those goals
- Schedule 4-8 meetings with leadership team between now and March to work on goals
And now Barrie presents!