Education Challenge / Application and Selection Process
Who can apply?
The 2012-2013 MVS Education Innovation Challenge is open to all teachers in the Lawrence Public Schools that will be attending the February Acceleration Academy. In addition, teachers at South Lawrence East Elementary, Middle and 5th Grade Academy have also been selected to be part of a pilot for this program and will also be eligible to apply.
How to Apply?
Teachers are invited to submit an online proposal that outlines their approach to bring innovation to their schools. Teachers are encouraged to work in teams.
- Proposals should be submitted by March 1st, 2013.
- Proposals should be submitted via an online application form that will be available at MVSandbox.org
- Teachers that are selected for the Challenge will be informed by March 29th, 2013.
How will the proposals be evaluated?
A panel of judges selected by the Deshpande Foundation in consultation with the Superintendent of Lawrence Public Schools will select up to 30 teams from the proposals submitted.
Proposals will be evaluated and priority consideration given for proposals that:
- Demonstrate an innovation approach
- Invite cooperative learning
- Encourage collaborative efforts among teachers, administrators, parents and community organizations
- Have a broad impact on the school system
- Address some of the focus areas specified in the detailed document
Awards and recognition
Teams whose proposals are selected will be provided project funds up to $1000 to pilot the proposed project. All teams selected will participate in an Education Innovation Showcase at the end of the school year that will highlight their projects to the entire Lawrence School system.
2012-2013 School Year
December 2012 – Kick-off and Awareness campaign for MVS Education Innovation Challenge
March 1, 2013 – Applications for 1st round due
March 29, 2013 – Proposals selected for 1st round announced
June 2013 – MVS Education Innovation Showcase